a wide variety of
flooring productsat affordable prices
Our rigorous checking process guarantees you have access to the widest collection of engineered hardwood flooring in the GTA.
We offer style, colour and pattern options from the most reputed brands in Canada.
Our team will guide you through the entire process, from delivery to a hassle-free installation of your flooring.
Some common questions about engineered hardwood flooring are answered by our experts.
choosing the best
engineered hardwood for your homeAn Extremely Durable and High-Performance Flooring Option for the High-Traffic Areas of Your Home
We Make Sure to Provide Only High-Performance Engineered Hardwood Flooring to Our Consumers.
Consider these factors for choosing the best quality engineered hardwood flooring.
- Construction and Manufacturing- Engineered hardwood flooring has a top thin layer of wood called the veneer, and multiple layers of backing, called the core. Make sure that the overall thickness of the product is either 5/8” or 3/4 “, with the veneer being 3/16” thick and the core consisting of 9 or 11 plies. Also, make sure that the core is always thicker than the veneer layer.
- Dimensions- Most engineered wood flooring tends to be 3” wide, and 3’ long. That means, for a 20X20 room, 535 boards would be enough. There are many options in dimension when it comes to buying engineered hardwood floors, for example, all 6” wide, 8” wide, 10” wide, and 6-10” wide. Depending on the look you want to achieve, however, it is advisable to choose longer lengths along with wider widths.
- Aesthetic Appearance- There are two ways to make the veneer layer of an engineered hardwood floor-1. Using a dry sawn face, cut with a saw blade
2. Using a sliced and rotary peeled face, cut with a knife blade
While the first method is similar to slicing a piece of bread, the later one is similar to peeling a potato. You can achieve an exact look of a solid floor with the dry sawn face method. The sliced and rotary peeled material, however, is going to give a thinner veneer layer that is similar to plywood.
- Environmental Concern- Whenever you are choosing a flooring type, whether for a commercial or residential facility, your main concern should be how it affects the indoor air quality. It is advisable to choose a flooring that is CARB2 compliant, which will ensure a reduced amount of formaldehyde in your composite wood product.
We offer the widest variety in engineered wood flooring, and our experts will guide you in getting the best one for the high-traffic areas of your home.
Talk To Our Experts For A Quotecontact us
Flooring CollectionChoose from The Biggest Collection of Engineered Hardwood Flooring in Toronto
Red Oak- City Grey
This grey-coloured engineered hardwood has a width of 4 ¾” and a discount of 26% on it.
Red Oak- Coal
A coal-coloured product with a matte gloss, this specific type of engineered hardwood is made from real red oak and is 4 ¾” wide.
Deerwood- Maple- Mystic Barrel
Another product from Deerwood Lumber, this ½” thick engineered hardwood flooring has a matte gloss and a plywood core as well.
Deerwood- Maple- Simply White
This ½” thick engineered plywood has matte gloss, a handscraped finish, and needs to be installed with the floating or click-lock method.
Totem- Oak- Sable Island
Made from real oak, the ¾” thick sable island has a solid core and a handscraped finish. It is 5” wide and needs to be installed using the nail down method.
Deerwood- Maple- Smoked Oyster
This particular engineered hardwood product, from the house of Deerwood Lumber, is made from real maple wood and is ½” thick. It has a plywood core and a handscraped finish. The floating technique is most suitable for installing this smoked oyster coloured flooring.
You Need To Know AboutChoose The Right Type Of Flooring
We Ensure That the Right Procedure Is Followed to Install the Correct Engineered Hardwood Flooring
The dimension and the way the veneer layer is produced has a lot to do with the way your finished floor will appear. Due to the way it is constructed, engineered flooring can be installed pretty quickly.
Usually, there are four main ways to install engineered wood flooring:
- Glue Down- The method is self-explanatory. You need to attach a new flooring to the subfloor with the help of some type of adhesive or bonding agent.
- Staple Down- This installation method is quite similar to the glue-down method and spacers are laid around the perimeter of your room, for maintaining the expansion gap that is recommended by the manufacturer of your product.
- Nail Down- Although mostly applicable for solid hardwood flooring, it can be applied to install engineered hardwood flooring as well. In this method, the flooring is attached to the subfloor using nails.
- Floating- This will require some expertise in the field of flooring, and instead of nailing or gluing the flooring to the subfloor, the plank pieces are glued or click-locked to each other. This creates a single panel which is held by the friction and weight of the piece itself.
For an extremely durable alternative to solid wood flooring, that is not only resistant to moisture, but also is able to withstand high-foot traffic, opt for the best quality engineering hardwood flooring products in Toronto.
Quality Products Crafted With You In MindContact our experts today for assistance with any flooring projectcontact us
Costomer feedback is important to us
Over 20 Years Of
We have the biggest collection of durable and stylish engineered hardwood flooring in Toronto.
Since 1999, we have remained a thriving member of the flooring industry thanks to our entrepreneurial spirit and deep understanding of our customer’s needs. Starting off from a 25,000 sq. ft warehouse, we now have a 2-million sq. ft inventory, which helps us store the largest collection of engineered flooring in the entire GTA.
When you choose us, you are partnering with the best name in the industry for providing top flooring products from the most reputed brands in Canada.
asked questions The most common questions asked about engineered hardwood flooring answered
Most engineered hardwood products are not refinished, but in the end, it all comes down to the thickness and quality of your material. If you have a product that is 2mm thick, then it is better to sand and refinish it with the help of an experienced professional.
The colour of most wood flooring materials changes over time, however, the amount of fading varies based on the type of wood species and its location. While some species of wood takes a lighter shade with constant exposure to sunlight, other types may darken.
Due to its extreme durability and quick-to-install methods, engineered wood flooring is perfect for the high-foot-traffic areas in your home, such as the living room, kitchen, and hallway. This type of flooring is meant to withstand a lot of rough handling and are highly resistant to scratches, dents and moisture.
One of the perks of using quality products from renowned manufacturers is that you receive a consumer warranty that repairs and replaces any damaged planks or may even refund in case of defective flooring.
We do offer amazing deals and discounts on selected products throughout the year. You can visit our website or our stores to learn more about the discounts on our engineered hardwood flooring.
Let us help you create the room you Desire